Wednesday 22 November 2023

Miss Aligned

 


I swear I saw you in a moon beam.

I'd know your face, I remember

you called to me one time in a dream.

Told me to close my eyes

whenever I needed to see,

for all I needed was inside me.

I close my eyes

and I see you beckoning.

I see that look that makes me weak,

the one that makes my voice squeak

when I am longingly trying to speak.

 

But I haven't met you yet.

Not in this space.

Time is flipped out of loop

but I know your face.

I've read the script.

This is the bit where we kiss.

but somehow

we don't even know we exist.

I know I know you,

I know you know me,

but it’s in a different place.

An alternate reality.

 

But then I've seen glimpses,

in the edges, in the weird

fittings and fixtures.

There are fissures in reality.

Cracks in the universe.

I know you alright,

you just seem different

when I'm asleep at night.

You are the heart

I've felt beating in time,

and I'd hold yours tighter

than I'd ever hold onto mine.

 

You are the wind, the air,

the warmth and the chill

and when rest is needed

you are my sleeping pill.

You are the muse in the dark,

the pull on my heart,

the knock on my door,

the lock of hair on my floor.

I've seen you before,

both here and over there.

Though here you don't see me,

though you will one day, I'm sure,

because time isn't a straight line

and sometimes

it needs to curve around

to get itself aligned.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *