Saturday 25 November 2023

Sleeps like the lion

 



Alone again,

I walk in the shadows

of better men.

My path never taken.

This stride never broken.

My heart but a token,

it sleeps like the lion

waiting to be awoken.

My pride just a plaything,

I just sigh and walk on.

 

I stand at the crossroads,

but no one is ever waiting.

I walk to the entrance

sign says no vacancy,

doorbell is missing

and it's locked

without a key.

Hope has forsaken me.

Left me to wilt.

Nothing but a flower bud

that has no sunlight,

no nourishment,

nor water spilt.

 

I walk in the shadows.

Just keep walking.

It's easier than falling,

if I ever crashed that low,

I'd never be able to climb back up.

So, I walk.

Alone.

Thinking of sweet buttercups,

and I see

your face in the eyes of the moon.

My love is there looking out to sea,

one day she will see me,

hopefully sometime soon.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *