Friday 17 November 2023

Date with destiny

 


Running late

for my date

with destiny,

and tomorrow

has arrived way

too early.

If I can stave off

that meeting

for as long as possible, I will.

I want to keep feeling the tide,

this high of life.

I want to feel the thrills,

not the edge of a knife.

 

You knocked three times,

maybe more, whilst I was away

mind laying on distant shores.

I always kept a tight bolt over the door.

You tried to call. I won't ever answer.

I have too much to do

My life only just advancing.

like a dancer that has regained

the feeling in their feet 

for the first time in years,

or a drummer

that has found their rhythm,

the beat in between the ears.

 

I hear the knock, knock, knocking.

Bone fingers rapping, tapping a rhythm

on my door like nails on a coffin.

Knock.

It repeats over and over.

Knock.

A grating sound penetrating my mind.

Knock.

I can't escape the dreaded sound.

Knock. 

Now it has lost its shock.

I expect every beat,

but I remain steadfastly in my seat.

 

You knocked so much,

your fingers must

have ground into bone dust.

You knocked so often,

the fear had gotten

replaced by boredom.

So, I stayed. I won’t be leaving

until my time is outplayed.

I have so much more to do,

so much more to say.

So, keep knocking.

I won't answer

until my judgement day.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *