Thursday 2 November 2023

Shrink-wrapped fear

 


Overthink.

Overthink.

Into bed I sink

as the thoughts

start to scream.

Infesting my dreams,

creating nightmare seas

from mere

rivers or streams.

Overthink.

Overthink.

It's hard to clear out the bilge water,

when thoughts start to link.

Harder still to plug the holes.

You can't keep on rowing

with cracks in the portholes,

and a hull filling with water, black as ink.

The boat starts to sink.

 

Overthink.

Overthink.

The waters are deep,

and more thoughts start flowing.

It's starting to leak into my skull.

How can I keep on going

when my mind is too full.

Overthink.

Overthink.

Bail the water.

Plug the leak.

Warped wood

starting to creak.

Overthink.

Overthink.

About anything

except this shrink-wrapped fear

that obscures everything.

 

Overthink.

Overflowing.

Overboard.

Overthink.

Now my sense

has jumped from the brink.

Taken a dive into

the deep dark drink.

Overthink.

Overthink.

Words pull me down.

Overblown mind

starting to drown

under foamy waves.

I wait to be saved.

Then kick my legs free.

Surface teasing me.

Tantalisingly out of reach.

What I wouldn't give 

for a sandy beach.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *