Wednesday 15 November 2023

A sacred rhythm

 


She is a lullaby,

her song sings me to sleep

through the darkest of nights.

Her words carry me through

this gravestone world of scares.

Her song turns my ice to blood

and my stony structure, to bone.

She weathers down my sandy exterior,

until fresh skin I wear 

in this moonlight home.

She creates rivers, oceans

and deep reflective seas.

She plants seeds in her words

that grow all through me.

 

A sacred rhythm

takes hold of my soul,

and this love I’ve been given,

she my lullaby

with golden words,

like thin twine

to sew together the sections

of my patchwork mind.

Singing me to sleep,

slowing my heartbeat.

Until every drip of her words pour

like honey mixed with fine wine.

I'd let that sweet nectar take me away

I'd happily drift through the soft satin light,

melting into the night

from the ice cold of day.

 

She has a shimmering quality,

her words sing through me.

A fantasy, given lifelike purity.

She cures me of any fear I hold.

Her skin I sink within like a pillow embracing,

warming my heart which has grown cold.

She sways in and out of view,

like a beam of moonlight through clouds.

My lullaby. Never shouting loud.

A soft, lovelorn sigh whispering to me, 

on the darkest of nights.

When demons take the streets

and my vision is filled with frights,

she plants a forest of kisses,

with every breath she breathes

and I become one

of thier floating, falling leaves.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *