Sunday 5 November 2023

Pull the trigger on a blown kiss

 


I wear my heart on the sleeve

of a book covered in love.

Hearts drawn, take 12 paces and turn,

pull the trigger on a blown kiss, I'll fall.

I'll give my all to you. Every part of me.

My infatuation scrawled in notes,

my desire in writing,

written in fire to light up the heavens.

I would burn brighter than stars to let you know.

I'd relight your sun if it ever entered a deep-freeze.

I'd carve mountainous hearts in snow,

I'd twist rivers to bend into words that flow.

As long as you never break my heart.

 

I put forth my words in poetic verse,

painted over museums of love,

cathedrals of hope,

temples of togetherness.

I wish upon shooting stars,

throw coins in magical fountains.

If I could, I'd move mountains.

Making the wind sing through them,

I'd plant trees to move

the whistling frequency,

until it sings in human voice.

 

I'd make the waves on the sea

match the rhythm of my heart

to play a beat

and I'd line up shells

until you hear that sea,

singing its loving tune from me.

To see you smile,

to feel that look in your eye.

To feel you close by,

holding me when my own tears cry.

I'd give anything

as long as you don't

break my heart and let it die.

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *