Wednesday 15 November 2023

A thousand fragments of dreams

 


Heaven said I'd taken a wrong turning,

down was my fate,

my soul should be burning.

Elevator grinding

to the screeching gates. I wait.

"Sorry hell is not your destiny I'm afraid."

So, I walked, not wanted,

into the shadowy caves. The space

between spaces where I just wait.

Story of my life. Story of my death.

To walk in shadows, no place for my final breath.

 

I pace the corridors

of this shadow dimension.

The eternal prison

between salvation

and damnation.

The looks on faces,

mild confusion

mixed with something

not quite human.

"You are here too soon"

They spoke

to my translucent vision.

 

I keep walking,

but something isn't right.

I keep hearing the beeping of machines,

The words of humans swirling

through this weird palace of night.

This place where images seep into view.

Where light isn't seen as much as felt

as it rushes through you

and I scream. A lone terrified scream.

It shatters the cracking mirror world

into a thousand fragments of dreams.

 

I awakened in my hospital bed.

Well guess here is where I belong. I said.

So, I'll make the most of this journey.

For however long.

I picked up a pen.

Twisting between

my thumb and fingers,

felt its cool exterior.

Started to feel its weight

in my hand, heavy like the heart

I hold deep inside.

Smooth like the rivers

of tears I've cried.

I realised that with so much weight,

this pen could change the world.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *