Tuesday 14 November 2023

I am no longer mine

 


Starting anew,

not going to

waste another day

thinking of you,

I say to myself,

knowing this to be untrue.

A lie to fill me with hope

instead of clinging to the past

like it's a dangling old rope

 

Not going to turn around.

Not this time.

I say to myself.

Not going to accept

the way you make me feel,

the way I can't be seen

without your eyes

burning into my skull,

but I still glance back, 

like you have some magic pull.

Resist I must,

but temptation twists

it's fingers around your spine.

I am no longer mine.

 

Not going to look

in that rearview mirror.

Not going to answer this call.

Not going to

let thoughts simmer,

I don't need the downfall.

Not gonna spend

any more hours

thinking you had

some mystic powers,

that magically kept me

trapped in your locked up tower.

I'm not going to 

give another breath,

to a feeling that

made me feel like death.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *