Thursday 9 November 2023

Ghost town memories

 


My head feels like a ghost town.

Tumbleweed blowing across the ground,

but there is no life, no sound,

just phantoms floating all around.

I can’t make sense of the layout,

the streets all look the same

and the lights long ago fizzled out.

It feels like a bad dream.

 

I have no reference points.

No landmarks to navigate.

Just multiple disjointed waypoints

and no exit gates

My head feels like a ghost town,

crumbling, as tumbleweed rumbles around.

warped old wooden buildings looming over.

All I can do is find some dark space

and try to hide within.

Somewhere undercover.

 

It's all deserted,

sand blows through,

shearing off memories

sandpaper thoughts, smoothed and untrue.

The air thick with grains

ripping over old story strains.

Until dull faded surfaces

are all that remains.

 

There is no life, just me.

The ghosts keep me company,

but also make me wary.

They circle, at night.

Murmured voices echoing 

scary insights.

They stay until its light.

I hear their words so threatening.

Beckoning,

demanding I take flight

and leave this place

before they take my life.
 
 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *