Tuesday 21 November 2023

Love letters

 


Spill my love letters over the floor,

dispelling the lifeblood from my heart

onto empty pages. Sent to deafened ears.

I want to write in flowers,

that way my words cannot be

mistaken for flippancy,

I wish to spell words through the scent of petals,

they will whisper of the intense spell you hold,

so, you can smell it when you walk.

I want the rainbows to speak in sweet talk,

let it flow out in colours so bold.

 

Let my love letters leak their diamond galaxies

to show us hearts and ruby stars,

In hope that ours will become full memoirs.

To be a universe, with no end,

I can think of no better way to spend

eternity, than staring into your eyes

and seeing sun-blessed cities.

Want to say, in my own strange way

that if my eyes were blinded by a supernova burst,

that I'd be okay, I'd remember the miles traversed.

As I have seen a sight more beautiful

than anything in this universe.

 

Let my love letters speak.

to show that to me

you are more than rivers and seas,

more than mountain peaks,

more than skies through which we could fly.

Is it a trick of the light?

How can something shine so bright?

But I think I could give my life

to see that smile again tonight.

I want to spell my words in touches from within.

Soft brushstrokes on delicate skin.

Is it a sin to want to make you

feel like a queen, an angel in human form,

is it wrong to want to hold you

on cold days and keep you warm?

 

Let my love letters seek that place unique,

I want to explore the palace that you hide within,

when your mind is searching for answers.

The jewels that I'd find, exploring the rooms inside.

I'd find treasures that shine.

Stories written on parchment, so fine.

Delicate to touch, don’t want to turn them to dust.

Crowned moments of glory, the thoughts that swim

in its pools and lakes, the hope that walks

across acres of garden landscapes.

Memories that haunt the estate,

fears left lonely, waiting at the gate.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *