Sunday 19 November 2023

The edges of my voice

 


It sometimes feels

like words across space

are intrinsically linked.

Things inked

in my scrawled handwriting,

crawl towards the words

you so delicately print,

and words that you speak seek

out the edges of my voice,

crawling in

to find some peace.

Two souls on a sea alone,

vast distances between

and a hazy mist,

hiding us from view.

Making us,

the unseen.

Sailing in a long-forgotten dream

that we have yet to see.

 

It's so easy to get lost

in this darkening soup.

The light

unable to break through,

but then your soulful words

are ladled in,

Spoon-feeding light into the view,

cutting through the bitter stew.

Making joy

a truth,

instead of just a story

we spoke of,

as little girls and boys.

 

It sometimes feels

like your words are sent

to pierce a hole directly through

my heart and into my soul,

and in reverse my words

are cursed to forever

speak to this silent universe,

whispering for unlistening ears,

all so I don't let on, that inside

I'm shivering in fear.

For if I ever let you near.

I'd never be able to let you go again.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *