Tuesday 4 June 2024

Dead reckoning

 


I hear the echo

of the universe grow.

It bounds around,

i hear the rumble of tanks 

over harsh ground,

and in those

distorted sounds

all I can hear is you.

your beckoning words

luring me to follow

 

But a reckoning

is coming,

watch the

migrating birds,

leaving us alone.

See the bees?

No, they've gone

the way of the dodo

and it won't be long

before we follow them,

lost at sea.

 

I hear your words

in echoes set free.

Nature of the breeze,

your words warning me.

Listen out for

the catastrophes,

they are piling up,

listen to calamity,

It's limbering up.

Listen to the powder keg.

Hear the crackle of the dust

as it ignites

and our whole world combusts.

 

A reckoning is coming.

Watch as the tides subside,

the clouds start looming,

thunder cracks, the air slowly fried,

listen to the booming

When it all comes back

with a landslide.

This world is a wreck,

slowly being burned

and my warning pages

are going unturned.

 

Watch the news,

happiness left us so long ago.

Watch social views soar

when people talk of war.

See the hatred bleed,

when anyone talks

about race, religion or creed,

when anyone speaks,

it feeds the hate machine.

Our differences used to divide.

Our similarities hidden aside.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *