Saturday 22 June 2024

Memories in the clockface

 


I remember days 

beside the sweetest tides.

Fairground rides and fantasy.

Our escape boat getaway to sea.

Those worn steps

to the highest peaks.

A clock creaking.

Hours unspoken,

words we never thought

we'd speak.

Minutes we never

thought we'd seek.

 

I remember

ice cream drizzles

dripping

on sizzling sands,

as we lock eyes

and clasp tightly

with our hands.

Never wanting

to let go

of these seconds

as they slip steadily

across the face of time.

 

I remember

kisses

taking my breathe,

giving it to you,

to store forever

in reserve.

To preserve

the time we had to share.

I remember your hair,

touching my face,

teasing

a feathery embrace.

 

I remember

standing in sunsets,

as the moon rises.

I can never forget,

the reflection

in your irises.

Even though

none of this

has happened yet.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *