Saturday 15 June 2024

Recurrent sounds

 


Haunting sounds

spun through my head,

like a cobweb disco.

Scratchy vinyl spinning,

repeating,

skipping, seething.

Splitting ceilings dripping

echoed spit-filled breathing.

As the light ahead flickers,

hot breath wrestles the chill air.

Vapour floating then disappearing

in a count of three, embers of life,

drifting towards death.

There is something not right

I feel someone watching...

SomeTHING

Watching me.

 

Something

in the haunting

melody

that I hear.

It wears me

like a suit of dead air,

just a groaning choke,

emerging from somewhere

in the vicinity of my throat

as if aching to join the chorus.

This mimicry,

words I never spoke,

echo ever onwards

trying to embarrass.

 

Something in

the recurrent sounds

that I hear,

conjures visions

of nightmares

that I fear.

Something in the songs,

when the sky

whispers her words of love.

Softly, sweetly how she longs

to be.

Only tonight the sky

no longer whispers.

 

She doesn't

have the softness

to smooth

the crispness of the air.

To soothe the hurt

I wear in ragged remnants

to keep the watching revenant

away from my skin. 

Just the raging angriness,

tonight, the sky screams

of agony she fears.

Lures me 

closer to the edge

of my sanity

and asks me to leap

headfirst into the deep

to hold her near.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *