Saturday 1 June 2024

Tourniquet

 


You bandage me.

A tourniquet

stopping my hope

from flowing away.

You are

the soothing balm

that eases my pain,

the gently rain

on a hot summer day.

 

A plaster,

over these

grazed knees of antipathy,

aversion to the version

of me that verges

on the not so subtle

self-hatred bubble

of my anxiety.

You are medicine.

A form of therapy.

A recipe that should be

stocked in every pharmacy.

 

You stop

the brain drain,

when my mind

wanders over

It's misfiring

mainframe,

you are a surgeon,

replacing the parts

that have burnt out.

My heart riddled

with self-doubt. The bits

that no longer contain

the essence of me,

you are the thread that stitches

these things so perfectly.

 

You nurse me,

not by waiting tirelessly

hand and foot over me,

making me cups of tea,

or providing anything for me,

but by being you.

Letting me witness

your goodness,

washing through

the murkiness

that could consume.

 

You heal me.

Not with string

sewn through me,

Your fingers

not worked to the bone

to provide

anything for me.

You heal me by

letting me see,

letting me view

you living life so free.

Being able to enjoy the moonlight 

like you do as it waves over you,

letting me know how much

it helps to heal you.

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *