Friday 31 May 2024

You-shaped hole

 


Got

a you-shaped hole

where my heart

should be

and my echoed heartbeat

somewhere distant.

Far, far

away from me,

rippling across

waves on a remote sea.

 

I wish to be

a pebble

amongst the sands

of that beach.

I want your hands

to reach

out a loving embrace

to me.

To make those ripples

become still,

and the sea

can reflect back

your beauty.

 

Got a you-shaped hole

in the soul of me,

I want to fill it

with a you-shaped piece

to make me whole

and not this incomplete

being you see.

A jigsaw

missing its central element.

I wish that piece was more eminent

so I could elegantly place it so the

image could be achieved.

If I think too long all I see,

is the ghost

of what that

image should be.

 

There is a you-shaped hole

all over my view

It leads me

to forever keep searching

like a car driving

me closer to insanity.

Swerving through 

this maddening forest

of you-shaped trees

The you-shaped sounds

of its engines purring

through my mind,

because without you in my life,

my directions are misaligned.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *