Saturday 20 April 2024

Separate planes

 


I wish our two

separate planes

could be bent

into shape,

so, we could

pierce a hole

and I could walk

instantaneously

into your world.

Materialise,

whenever you 

want me to

and vice versa,

you could stumble

inadvertently into mine.

 

I'd mumble some

incomprehensible lines,

but you'd see the truth

plain to see

deep in my vortex eyes.

The way you make

the sun

shine down on me.

Whilst I've spent eternity

walking in darkness

trying to find my way.

The paths laid on

a merry dance

to a faraway place

somewhere in the middle distance,

the other way from where

I was always supposed to be.

 

All the time there was

a light that shone.

A beacon

glowing it's light brighter

than the moon and sun.

Embracing my heart,

but my mind couldn't see,

the light that was always

glaring down on me.

I've walked on

eggshells for so long,

that my feet are so accustomed

to the jagged shells.

I've walk in the fires of hell.

So, I am too used

to the fiery smells

of my brain misfiring,

I don't always see

the words

for all the writing.

 

Fear has always

been the nemesis of love,

Fear wears me tightly

like a glove and makes

my dreams turn so quickly

from peaceful to heartaches.

I am not sure how many more

scratches this heart can take,

How many more holes

before it becomes

less pin cushion

and more just air rushing

through my chest. 

But I confess that fear

could never make me

love you any less.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *