Sunday 7 April 2024

A portrait of melted butter

 


I'd prefer a video,

a painting

is too static.

A photograph doesn't show the

ethereal fluidity,

like liquid,

we swirl into

the canvas.

Not stamped

on to it, never to move an inch.

 

I don't like

to see my face,

staring back.

Mirror image,

it looks on in disgrace,

at the scars

and blemishes

that stack,

and the rest of me

I'd happily replace,

but it's what

I was given,

so, take it and blend

it into the page,

but morph it

or warp it, please.

 

I am no looker.

From the wrong angles

I look uncannily

like a packet

of melted butter,

but I know that what

I have

inside,

the heart

I wear with pride,

Is so much more

than the painting applied.

So, when you brush

those oils,

when you touch

that canvas,

draw a heart,

that's more my style.

It would be a start.

Just don't paint

the poet Kyle, 

that really wouldnt be art.

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Portrait"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *