Tuesday 9 April 2024

Therein lies the truth

 


What's the truth?

Your version skews

so much to the side,

I wonder

in what world

your imagination resides?

Where your lies

lay in perfect harmony,

sleeping peaceful.

through the storms

that you ride.

 

I know my truth.

It's beating within.

I am not without sin,

but I'd never cast stones,

nor sling shot

my past glass

transgressions.

Whereas your concocted words.

are wearing extremely thin.

The lies you tell

seem so snide,

designed to cut a hole

and reach deep inside.

Pulling a lie from within,

like a magician making

a rabbit appear from his hat.

Carrot held in its cheesy grin.

 

You slide through twisting

vocabularies, you duck and dive

over sporting fields of the mind

on which you a pro. One nil to you,

and I'm struggling to gather

enough energy to even reply.

For you, It's all about the win,

even if the truth you are telling

isn't the real thing.

It's enough if it leaves me dwelling,

on what words are true,

and which ones are made up

to make me believe you.

 

Behind fabrications,

you lie,

it’s just imitation

of a forgotten sigh.

Snakelike tongue

striking the air.

Inventions inviting us into

wherever it is you mind goes,

its vicious vipers lair.

Corrupted waters taste the lies,

dripping into their uneven tides.

Slyly doing what it is that you accuse,

an obvious case of mental abuse.
 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"What's the truth?"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *