Saturday 6 April 2024

Spiralling words

 


I pour my heart out,

one word at a time.

A rhyme and a metaphor,

some similes to be sure.

I stir the mix. Soaking

myself in it, coated

in this blend of yesterdays

and tomorrows.

a set of days

that I sit amongst

and wallow.

Words I can no longer swallow.

 

I pick apart the floating

phrases, the verbs and names.

My best and worst phases,

I swirl them up,

collecting them in cups.

To water the flowers

of imagination I grow.

My liquid poetry,

written in a million droplets.

Every drop contains

the elements of me.

Tears of feelings

let loose over

a field of seedlings.

A forest of future growth,

that in time will take root.

 

Now the waters

have been sifted,

I pull the plug.

Any lasting fluid words glug

quickly down the drain.

Clockwise they circle,

staining the sink

with faded remnants

of ink, as they strain

through the holes, spiralling,

a whirlpool of memories

that no longer link.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Spiral"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *