Saturday 20 April 2024

See the light

 


Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow…

Okay it seems

I can't enter this light,

They lied, they said I'd see a tunnel

and into it I'd fly,

but my wings are tired,

my head is bruised,

and all I'm left

is more and more confused.

Though that may be concussion

from the lack of fusion

between head and glass,

just the striking translucent

chiming percussion echoing with

my own screeches of agony.

 

Maybe it isn't yet my time,

but I'm drawn.

How do I explain?

I can't seem to steer

my wings away from here.

From her.

That light intoxicating drug,

pulling the rug from underneath my sanity.

Could someone illuminate

the pathway for me?

But then Id inevitably

end up not seeing the forest for the trees.

I'd only see a bulb.

My only focus in this world full

of brightness, apparently.

 

I see another tunnel of light,

this one so distant,

beyond the clouds.

Far through the sky.

Leaving behind the crowds.

Where even I've not tested my wings.

If I travel for days, not resting

I’ll still be nowhere near.

It will take the remainder

of a lifetime or more

to reach it's fiery core,

but it must be the tunnel

of which they speak for sure.

 

I start to flap my wings...

Then I stop. Have a bite to eat.

I think...

Waitttt a minute...

Yeah, that tunnel could be good,

but right here I have food, warmth, love, hugs.

So maybe I'll stick around, hang with the bugs.

That fiery ball will still be there I'm sure.

So, I'll take a little while, whilst I enjoy this fate.

Then in time ill saunter up to their gate.

fashionably late, and I'll do it in style.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Moth"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *