Monday 1 April 2024

Life is a gas

 


Life is a gas, I whisper

as I pass the days.

floating on the breeze.

Avoiding naked flames

and storm clouds

that could distress, dispersing me

into the clouds, to become

just a droplet,

ready to soak the land beneath.

Well soak is a bit of a stretch.

It will take more than just me.

I'll become a single angels teardrop

on a single mountain peak.

 

As I mingle down stream

with my new found friends,

floating, visiting new ends.

living our dreams.

A river that bends

through idyllic

countryside scenes.

Misted from view

behind watery screens.

Our teardrop eyes

flooding

the beautiful scenery.

 

We reach the beach,

our destination,

to become part

of this grand

orchestration.

A moment of joy, wonder and awe.

Forever is here, and we

are standing at her door.

We begin to pour.

A trickle into a flood.

To become one.

Our journey. long and good.

But as one we keep this world moving

the way it always should.

I float and I merge

into a million drops as one.

My thoughts submerge

and then 

they 

are gone.

 

Life is a gas, 

I float silently past,

Evaporated, 

reinvigorated,

I restart this life,

another cycle to pass.

I remember

when the dinosaurs massed,

I remember when

the ice age finally cracked.

Now I see this devastation and pain

that these human trespassers

have caused en-masse.

I see the filth and litter floating past,

the choking fumes

from which life can't survive,

and I wonder how many

more cycles do I have left?

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Change of state"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *