Wednesday 10 April 2024

this dense grassland of mystery.

 


Fog hides so many things

I see a ship, blending in,

but I'm on a field,

not a sea of dreams.

I see faces looming,

through cracked headlight beams,

cutting into

this dense grassland of mystery.

The harsh terrain encircling me,

a desolate space

in this misty territory.

I see you, a silhouette

dancing merrily.

Then you are gone.

Just a sepia-tainted,

long faded memory.

 

But the fog hides

much worse.

It's bite more terrifying

than any demonic curse.

It flits through the still air

that permeates the ears,

clouding, cloaking them,

making sound wonder off,

in search of a place to disappear.

Because it knows fear.

It knows that something else

is lurking near.

Pushing aside

the memories and tears.

 

In the swirling grey,

something circles.

Tasting the air, it knows

I am near,

it can sense my fear.

I feel it rushing

through every moment

I ever held dear.

A train of thought

on the foggy tracks

I'm caught,

mind fraught.

Seeking respite,

but no station close by.

No WH smiths, or coffee shop

to sit and silently cry.

Just the aching sounds

of a tormented sky.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Fog"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *