Tuesday 16 April 2024

Tied to the sea

 


A universe

of fine dust

particles.

Grains

that get between

our strolling toes.

As we saunter,

barefoot,

letting the

water roll

 soothing the heat,

salt easing the sting.

The blistered feet.

from hours of walking.

 

But pain

is not registering,

as the moon

is casting her 

enticing light

like a fine

sugar dusting

over the scene.

This sandy beach.

Serene, peaceful.

Just you and me.

Softly crunching 

under every footstep

Listening to the force

of the waves that roar.

 

Your eyes gleam,

in every

moonbeam.

I dream.

Dreaming

of never leaving.

No longer

moving my feet.

Just taking

root upon

this sandy

beachside retreat.

With you beside,

two palm trees,

watching over the tide.

Our branches

forever tied.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Beach"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *