Thursday 4 April 2024

Steps taken

 


Took a journey to a different world.

A place of no return, where fires roared,

and ashes burned. I took my steps.

where walls turned to blood,

on the twisting path,

I listened to the flood

Grinding through.

A vicious laugh, waves crashing

as if letting out a dying gasp.

I sought to learn from this growling world,

where howling winds swirled

into the darkness of nocturn.

Inside I felt deep concern,

my stomach churned,

eyes upturned, as my vision blurred.

 

Into this darkness 

I had been cast.

Falling into this pit of ash, 

I asked aloud,

I screamed and cried, 

never too proud,

I begged, I vowed, 

I pleaded, "Why?"

but the eyes of darkness

only ever scowled

from under the blank shroud 

surrounding the sky..

My eyes were pegged, lids stuck down.

hands by my side tightly bound.

My lips sewn shut,

could only put up a muffled sound.

 

What had led me to this?

In the decaying 

backdrop

of a hellhole

hot spot,

I replayed images, 

scenes

from before 

the drop.

I was walking 

on a rocky outcrop

and the sunlight blinded my vision.

In the blind spot 

a solitary rock.

I tripped and fell.

The end of my days

as the world slipped 

screaming away.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

taken from the #escapril prompt

"Trip"

 

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *