Thursday 5 September 2024

A light touch

 


Stars shine within her eyes,

a light touch

making everything feel alright,

and if a comet appeared

in our skies for just a blink,

before crashed into earth.

Bringing the rubble

of an apocalyptic aftermath,

as continents sink.

I'd still only see

those lights shining bright.

You could say I'm a troubled,

delusional guy.

That she doesn't contain

a ball of nuclear fusion inside,

but I swear it's not illusional.

Her love is star sized.

 

And if our tides were sent askew,

drowning the cities,

streets and avenues.

I'd still feel her,

soothing my own storms.

Calming my boat

so I can still sail on.

You may call me irrational,

playing with make belief.

But I know the relief she brings

when she smiles.

It's behind those tantalising eyes.

I've felt the tides within me

become mirror reflective glass,

and this is no tale of fantasy,

or story written in the bygone past.

 

She holds the seasons

in her lips.

In summery she brings passion,

springs a rebirth in wintery cold hearts,

and revitalises those autumn sighs

when darkness starts to slip,

but it's in her eyes

that the universe 

really shines out.

People may call me a dreamer,

fantasist.

I prefer romanticist.

I know the way forever feels

when it is kissed

by eternities warming lips.

 

And like a river

these thoughts

keep flowing. Like breathing they just appear.

Never cease moving me to tears,

even when the banks are eroded

and someone has dammed the way.

There are no words to describe

the sway her waters hold on me.

She smiles

and I'm just the clouds

in their air, floating.

Her magic is always there

and ill keep it close to me 

every single day. 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *