Thursday 12 September 2024

Cognitive purgatory

 


I'm whining

in this otherside

that I'm seemingly

confined within.

A cognitive purgatory,

There is writing

lining the walls, but those

words are hidden from me.

My eyes are hiding the story.

I’m pining after a dream,

yet sleep is evading me.

I feel her someplace close, but

her face is somewhere I can't see.

 

I'm feeling ill tonight.

Not physically but mentally,

like a murder of crows

has decided to roost

inside my mind.

They keep pecking at my thoughts,

digging up long worn-out threads,

then dropping them in my mental lap.

Wriggling worms of the head.

Now, there is no way I can nap.

 

I want a psychic cuddle,

as a real one is unlikely

to come knocking, and honestly

if it does, I will be more

than just a little confused.

A disembodied pair of arms,

wrapping around me,

like some weird face hugger

from an alien movie.

That may just scare

the living daylights out of me.

I need a dream,

but my eyes are pinned wide open

like two mouths mid scream.

I want to dream, to see the face I see,

to be in that place

where beauty breathes.

Because I'm feeling

seriously lost

in this so-called reality.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *