Friday 13 September 2024

My hapless heart

 


As you lay,

sprawled out

across my dreams.

My hapless heart

tripped and fell

madly, deeply over you.

As the world slipped

past in slow motion,

he let out a startled scream,

which bounced from the walls

of this discarded seashell.

Where now he sits.

Forever part of the

ocean dream swell.

 

If you lift it to your ears,

you will hear a call.

As sure as a seashore

would normally appear,

instead, you will hear

a heartbeat.

As all around you

silence will fall.

No hum, no numbing

sounds.

Just the beat

of my heart,

timing

its thuds

along with the stars

silent

twinkling chime.

 

As you meander

like a river

through my dream,

I'll be there

in the soft ripples

of a stream,

like sauce cuddling

the finest ice cream.

I'll be the feather

that floats on the breeze,

landing soundlessly at your feet,

like fingers teasing

the softest of skin.

I'll be the birdsong

that you hear,

singing

gentle lullabies

to the leaves,

wishing the moonlight

a sweet night,

as she seals

our dreams

with a kiss.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *