Friday 27 September 2024

Snoozed

 


I wish to see you

in deepest dreams,

but it appears

you must be awake.

The bridge across

the sleep lake

has been sheared,

too many holes

to get across it safe.

I hope you are

not gripped by fear,

or that darkness

isn't holding you near.

I miss you

when you don’t appear

in my dreams,

I miss you so very dear.

 

The bed feels all wrong,

like a lullaby

with lyrics to

a different song.

This blanket of night

isn't holding me right,

it doesn't feel like your arms

gripping me tight.

Not warming as it should.

I'm just left here alone,

an icy chill in my blood.

 

The duvet of dreams,

not as comforting

as it usually seems,

your body heat

is missing,

and it appears 

frayed at the seams.

The mattress is lumpy,

I'm confused

by this bumpy ground.

I feel so alone

when I walk through

my dreams

and you're not around.

 

I wish to sleep

but it seems every time

I close my eyes

I'm missing that second heartbeat.

Like ships passing on the tide,

we must be out of sync tonight.

Our clocks on the blink,

mine is alarming me,

whilst yours is a calming sea.

My alarm blares through,

as you are away on a dream cruise.

Your storm comes crashing 

whilst mine is snoozed.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *