Monday 16 September 2024

On the edge of a melody

 


As I sit in this

delusional mimicry

of happiness,

a mask of lies.  I hide

that inside I'm feeling

inconsequential.

See, my shell of illusion is failing

and I'm showing the truth, in the

uncoordinated sadness

that encircles me.

 

A part of me

is tied to a dream.

Par for the course it seems,

and that dream

can never be reality,

it's a fallacy,

built of hope and star dust,

and a big old lungful of love

that I breathe.

But it's not enough

to just believe.

 

So I hold out a hand.

Come and meet with me

where the dream

parts ways with reality.

Let us just sit in that world

for a day, I'll sleep away the hurt,

if you'll dream with me today.

Let this world of mine encircle you

and give to you

all the love I have stored inside.

So that you can spread it wide,

wherever your wings can fly.

 

See I'm floating

precisely

where I always

find myself.

Somewhere out to sea.

The waves speaking to me,

greeting me. My feelings

precariously perched

on the edge

of a strummed gentle

melody. Telling me

that love

will hear my song

eventually.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *