Monday 16 September 2024

Shallow grave

 


Spent so long in

this bed-shaped coffin.

No lid, no walls,

but I feel stuck.

Confined within

this shallow grave,

dug into the bed.

Clinging memory foam

sparks hollow dreams

into my head.

I don't have energy to move.

My feet have

forgotten the groove.

All I can seem to do

Is watch the insides

of my eyelids droop.

 

Depression deadening

my expressions.

Face just splays out,

like a stray cat

on a hot tarmac

roadside. My smile, 

forgotten,

feels like a lead weight

around my lips.

A workout just to lift,

an exercise in futility

trying to make the frown shift

 

Curled in a ball

In this corner

beside the wall.

I make myself.

Small.

I see the tear-shaped

smears across my eyes.

Not cried in some time,

but these riverways are

deeply inscribed,

from where

former tears did fall.

 

Struggling to even

stumble to my feet.

A face full of stubble

in the mirror I greet.

Cold water,

can't face the heat.

Just shock

some sense back

into me. A splash at a time.

Washing away days old grime,

but nothing can clear

the fog in my mind.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *