Thursday 5 September 2024

Torn page yesterdays

 


My thoughts run rampant,

a herd of untamed words

all seeking solace, their place

in the amber tinged wild woods

of a marigold mirage.

Where ambrosia dreams flow

like custard rivers of fantasy.

They see the yellow sky

adorned with star anise sunlight,

a spiralling spinning sight.

A majestic love story

told upon the intangible highs,

the star light

I carry forever by my side.

 

Apprehension heeds

no home

within this world,

with its dripping

liquid sunbeams,

like paint

of the finest gold

forming pools

to coat

your wildest dreams.

 

In the shimmering mirage

torn page yesterdays,

I see an overlay of grey.

Faded strains of angry words,

mocking birds swarm overhead,

singing their songs in violent eruptions,

to make me wish for death.

I take a lungful, a deep breath,

but all I taste is corruption.

 

I shake my head with persistence,

like a child trapped in a nightmare,

the terror of being

aware of the monsters,

but unable to escape their lair.

Saying

no more

to this strained existence

playing

in 3d stereoscopic imagery,

I sprinkle my mind

with colourful

confetti memories.

To remind myself

that this instance of time

is no longer reality,

and my world

is so much clearer

on the other side

of this dream.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *