Saturday 28 September 2024

Forgive my ghosts

 


As the train

sidles closer

to the end

of the line,

and the clock

idles towards

the final seconds

of time.

I forgive my ghosts

for the torment.

Their scares

were only meant

as lessons sent

to aid me.

To help me

prepare,

and I apologise

in return,

for the times

I've given those

same ghosts a fright.

When I've been

wide awake,

crying lakes,

when they appear

in the middle

of the night.

 

The clock hopefully

has a few more spins.

The roulette wheel

of time, for all of its sins,

still in its infancy,

and I still hold all of my chips

even if they are burning my fingertips.

I still have so much more to learn

from relationships.

To give up would be a titanic

waste of life.

I have an overflowing

heart of love

to give to all.

But whenever

I'm flying high,

and my mind starts

going too fast,

time speeding past

and I need darkness to fall.

I still have an army of ghosts

upon whom I can call.

I still have

a yearning

to make the most

of my life if I still

have that choice at all.

 

I'll keep on

riding the tracks

wherever those

rolling wheels spin.

I'll live for love.

Not material gain.

I'll go through pain

again, and again.

of this I'm certain.

But I know it

will ease

in the rain,

giving a new lease of life,

to find new stories to release.

On this journey

of reflection,

I'll see the mirror seas,

showing me stories

to paint pictures,

for future witnesses

to decipher as they please.

 

 


Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *