Sunday 22 September 2024

In the darkness of my mind’s eye

 


I lay in the dark

thinking of you

and I start to

tug away the nighttime sky,

feeling fragments of midnight

become reality in my grasp.

I pull the dreams

a little closer to me,

Worn strands of the sky

sing a gasped song,

stars stand alight

with stories I'd die to know.

Mysteries held

in the marvels of space,

I'd long to see their

galactic monuments,

their mystical glow 

etched in the celestial 

memory trace.

 

In the darkness

of my mind’s eye

I start to see light.

Cosmic paintings

of your perpetually

beautiful face.

Carved eternally

to this eyelid

resting place.

 

I let my thoughts fall

to all the aborted tomorrows,

the future paths destroyed

in the blink of an eye. I sigh

at how one waved goodbye

can see so many futures die.

I think of those universes,

ending 

before they ever 

truly got to begin.

ending

through fear,

fear of letting a feeling

tease the omnipresent skin,

of a universe

that already knows 

what I'm thinking.

 

In the darkness

of my mind’s eye.

I see flames rising high.

Inside I want to cry,

at my own pride,

the fear of being

left alone

striding along the roadside.

When that is where I roam alone

every uneventful eventide,

instead of just saying a brisk hello

and sharing a kiss with the happy sky.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *