Sunday 8 September 2024

Train of thought

 


I hear

the onslaught,

hail against

the buckling tin roof

of my train of thought.

As it crawls slowly

along overgrown tracks,

long believed

abandoned patches,

hidden by leaves

where forests

have grown back.

Reclaiming their lands,

however damaged

and cracked.

 

I hear the

scrape of sand,

blasting the carriages clean,

sandpaper dreams

on this train I've caught.

This chain of thought

that is picking up speed.

Trying to avoid

the grains of sand

that tickle

times trickling hours

to sleep.

 

I feel I'm going off track.

I've followed a path, for so long,

That it would be pointless turning back.

The world behind would feel so wrong.

So, I follow along. Knowing

that there is always darkness ahead.

But sensing that the light in the tunnel,

is not a call to my death bed,

but promise of a brighter future instead.

 

Rest stop,

station coffee shop,

A hot spot

of aroma and scent.

I purchase a sizzling plate

of food for thought.

Tempting my mind

to climb down

from the train,

overwrought

from the short

circuit in my mind.

But growling stomach

aches

for more inspiration

on which to dine.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *