Saturday 21 September 2024

Known the tides

 


I've known these tides.

We flowed together,

side by side for aeons at a time.

We know each other

almost intimately.

She has held me

as I waved time away.

Then brought me back

when I was all lost at sea.

 

I have known these winds.

We've blown together frequently,

I've flown her skies

as she has encircled me.

Protectively watching over me

with caring eyes.

She has carried me

when I'm a dead weight

on feet of clay.

She's pushed me

to greater heights.

She's torn apart clouds

so I can see the light of day,

and she has kept them clear

so I see stars at night.

 

And in thunderous times,

when the winds are wild,

she's always gone that extra mile.

Making sure the downpour

doesn't sour her glowing smile.

Protecting her own self,

so that she

has enough strength

to share with everyone else

 

I've walked this grass,

it's green wonderland carpet.

A woodland clearing,

a carousel of dreams.

I've walked her moonbeams

her majestic parapet,

keeping me safely in step.

I've visited her dreams,

and she doesn't even

know my name.

I'm just someone

that visits her umbrella skies

whenever I can.

 

 




Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff
 
You can find my New books
"Tales from the 44A" and "Stations
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/
and here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0DFV8N7XH
 
Please buy a copy if you can
it would really help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *