Wednesday 4 September 2024

The quiver in our chests

 


My frail heart quivers

as its strings

are pulled taught.

A bow ringing the bells

around my mind,

so fraught.

I once sought

whispers of love,

amongst valleys of

monsters.

Now I listen 

in the hearts of others,

not those demons caught

in the darkness between us.

 

My bow stringed heart

sings a song to the stars.

Return the fire that you stole

to fire those pinpricks of light.

I used to be content

with the darkness.

The ink fathomless,

just me

and my ghostly travellers,

traversing the stark blackness.

 

But now instead,

I seek mysteries,

in seabed dreams..

Coral clothed depths

seed my imagination.

Until it’s at critical mass,.

a biomass of inspiration,

sailing through

the minds of poetic

wanderers,

searching for

pages to lay down their dreams.

 

In synchronicity

we wandered

two separate cities.

Both looking for wonders

in the stone features,

both wanting something

to answer

this overpowering need.

The ever-knocking sound

of the floor pounding a rhythm,

into our feet.

A heartbeat to feed

that growing knock

on the door,

the quiver in our chests

always yearning

for more.

 

 



Thanks for reading
Follow this link for more.
https://linktr.ee/Wordsandfluff


You can find my New book
"Tales from the 44A"
here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0DBKXPN13/

Please buy a copy to help me
continue to do this.

Peace, Love & Poetry
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *