Monday 13 May 2024

Agoraphobic dreams

 


In agoraphobic dreams

I see walls,

growing roots deep underground,

like hastily constructed subway tubes

stretching under a major town.

Above,

the surface sees them

reaching high.

Big brick trees,

building themselves

piece by

cemented piece.

Shattering the thin sheen of sky.

Pouring down a deluge of tears.

from the eye of a storm that sees the pain

and can but cry.

 

In this agoraphobic dreamworld,

the shades of grey swirl,

menacingly across the dark black

tinted glass I keep my peace within.

The mirror shine windows

only reflecting grotesque views.

Vines and roots cracking through

the brickwork like arms reaching

out from under the dirt.

My thoughts are starting to hurt

like something in my brain is leaching.

 

My sense of self swoops silently

out of the sulking window,

as it is quickly bricked over.

Sullen darkness serenades me.

Seduces me, entices me

to accept solitude.

To demand the solitude

of this beautifully fractured world,

I've splashed erratically across my canvas.

 

In agoraphobic dreams. I don't scream.

More that my voice

is a constant grinding sound,

echoing from every beam.

Resonating with the frequency,

frequently flicking the lights

on and off

to mess with my sanity,

whilst pushing 

looming shadows 

into my view.

Distorting the days into nights,

and nights into windows of solitude.

The only saving grace,

is the photograph of you,

letting me know

that somehow I'll make it through.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *