Monday 27 May 2024

Chance of a lifetime

 


I grasp tightly

to that

drifting lifeline,

the chance

of a lifetime is already

waving, fading, floating

into the distance.

So, I clasp, knowing that chance

plays a strange hand

and nothing ever

turns out quiet

the way you

planned.

 

The devil plays

dice with my life.

I roll sixes.

The demons

hold my pieces,

moving the board

to keep up with them.

Second chances don't

always land

in your open hand,

sometimes falling at your feet

so you have to sift the sand 

to make ends meet,

and forever doesn't

always have its own

grain of sand

in the hourglass

of happenstance.

 

Where are the rewards?

I flip all of the cards,

I roll the right numbers,

so why am I seemingly

always sent backwards.

Slippery snakes

where I build my own cell.

Never ladders

rising from this fiery hell.

Take a chance.

One more roll of the dice.

Pass go, collect 200.

Get on with life.

 

You never know when a spark

of luck will strike.

So, make your own.

Put down the dice

and pick up a book.

Let your mind find

its own nook. Somewhere nice.

Don't fit their ideals?

Then make your world fit you,

find the thing that sets you free,

that makes you unique,

Makes you want to sing.

Then take a running dive right in.

Don't be scared

of drowning.

The game is won

when you put down the

dice and stop playing.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
and please grab a copy of my Audiobook edition
 
of "Poetic Outlaw" 

 
Every click, book purchase, like & share 
 
really helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *