Saturday 18 May 2024

Quell the pain

 


Nothing can quell this pain,

not the words that rain

from my quill,

nor the pill I take to

numb my brain.

It's like I am meant to be

connected with you,

but here, alone

is all that time

can construe.

 

I rage like

the burning rivers

and molten oceans

of time.

My emotions fluid

they soak my pages 

in grime,

until I'm drowning

and my book

Is just a shell lying

beside the sea of ages.

Where time bleeds

away merrily,

and the sky is tainted

with red stains

of a former day.

 

I scream

at the universe.

I try

to converse with the sky.

To ask how

it deems

It okay, 

for two leaping 

joyful hearts

to share

Such love

and commonality,

then be kept so far away.

How it conspires

to fill those

hearts with

passion and fire,

but how it then never retires

from driving stakes deeper in.

Never thinks

how will it get those hearts together

However do their stories link.

The universe as always, stays silent

like the teardrop that falls 

soundllessly upon my page.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *