Wednesday 22 May 2024

Heat haze daze

 


Breathing through

throbbing pain,

every muscle aches,

but my mind is away

floating on waves.

High on a deep heat haze.

I wince a bit every time

I move just a split,

when my concentration skips

and I let my rigid frame

crumple a bit.

 

Every surface

smeared in oily

deep heat residue.

The scent burned

into skin. The heat sting.

That changing room

smell, breathed deeply.

It lingers

in every winced cry

ascending into the sky.

Every other smell dissolves,

fearful of this newly scented king.

My room a shrine

to that red tube sunbeam.

It only lasts for

one missed scream,

but for that brief moment

it's like walking in a dream.

 

Breathing through 

withdrawals.

My skin crawls,

as the aching chasms

between the 

insect like stings

upon the surface,

get wider and deeper.

So hard to fathom,

like every

vast canyon of pain

leads to another,

and that leads to a crater

where pain was once the epicentre.

Now I'm climbing the walls.

Every cascading stone

another place

that pain calls home.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *