Thursday 16 May 2024

Crumpled Chassis

 


My body is a wreck.

Took a corner too quick,

my chassis all crumpled,

my gears all stick.

My engine refuses to start,

water is leaking through the roof

onto my exposed carpeted heart

speckled with blood. I’m stuck in this mud.

It’s no use. I don’t feel too good.

In this dense thicket,

spark plugs knocked

out of their sockets.

Mangled headlights

staring side to side.

How do I restart this ride?

 

My electrics fizzle

rain is falling

in a steady drizzle.

Through the twisted metal,

a spark, barely enough juice

to give the radio a burst.

Upside down is no way to park.

In seatbelt prison I'm caught,

it's starting to get dark.

Petrol fumes consume my thoughts.

My chances look quite stark.

 

Time passes strangely

in the dense forest

into which I've crashed.

In the distance

I can hear murmuring cars driving past,

but here all I can feel

is the poison ivy creep.

I want to sleep.

But I might forget

how to open my headlights.

Rust is setting in

as the sun sets red

over the high leaves

which are starting to shed.

 

Bobble head on my dashboard

has more life than I.

All I can do is stare

through painful sighs,

at all the aches I have stored,

at the wretched sky.

My body a wreck.

I whisper an agonised why, 

switch off my headlights

as rust covers my eyes.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *