Sunday 19 May 2024

An ant along high street.

 


I walk - an ant along

high street.

The paved row

of concrete 

mausoleums,

towering besides,

looming over me.

Thin sheets of glass

show

the massed

walking dead that

walk within

but I don't follow.

I don't want

to join that crowd where they go.

 

I left my heart

on a seat at the station,

one day in a tear-filled rainfall,

and now I hear it once again call.

I though it broken,

it had been stabbed, dropped, beaten.

Abused beyond all reason,

but I hear feint echoes,

reverberating through

the dim lit wastes of my youth,

and this rain-soaked 

hole in my chest

is not much use in truth.

 

I stride, through puddles

that resemble oceans.

I climb hills with every step,

I feel every muscle,

and the many ways

they have wept

but none of this will stop me.

I'm a man with a cause.

 

See I left my heart

on a seat at the station

When you left

it tore right out of me,

refused to leave.

So, I walked into that wintery day.

Heartless some would say,

but I knew I needed to find me,

before my heart

could ever truly beat again.

Now my heart calls 

once again to me,

and I need to listen

to it's waves lapping

on my beach.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please take a few moments 

to check out my new book "Poetic Outlaw"

available from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CVQ5F9K8/

Follow this link for all of my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like and share 
 
really helps me 
 
to keep doing what I love.
 
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *