Friday 5 January 2024

A leaf floats by

 



Glistening reflections over granite pathways

Blue lights dancing, through the red stain

that remains where the boy was slain.

It would be so easy to let the energy drain.

To feel the pain wash me away.

Down in the gutter a leaf floats,

a boat asway

with all the other trash

that scatters over these streets.

A gang running away in the breeze.

When you have music and words,

Love inside. You find a way to deal

with the worst of this awful winter freeze.

 

My eyes glaze with frozen tears

I see ghosts sway between the distant leers,

of the people on the stationary walkway,

this conveyor belt to nowhere.

I hear hate.

Licking serpent lips,

listening to reptile minds.

Fear makes hate a friend of time,

but hate is no friend of mine.

With words flowing through your soul,

love and hope grow,

not seeds of hate sown into the slime

 

In the shades, the hazy zones

where your vision fades.

Screams echo in your bones.

I see gangs. I hear them taunting

anyone they can,

anyone that won't stand tall.

Acting the big man

when you are nothing

but a scared little boy.

I tune out the grind,

listen to the songs in my mind.

It's the only way to cope, I find.

 

In the glistening

raindrop reflections

I see the glint of a knife.

Another lost to street life,

where your worth is shown

in how low you can go.

In how many fatal blows

you can bestow.

I pick up the sharpest tool

I can find. My pen

and I write it all down again.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *