Friday 12 January 2024

Within scythes reach

 


Death stays close.

He has always walked

in my frozen shadows,

he has talked,

whispers of ancients,

at my barred, bolted windows.

He always stays

within scythes reach.

Mountain, valley or beach.

 

Death has been there

through thick and thin.

That feint distant bells ring.

Restless bony hand

on the hourglass,

tapping a rhythm

with crooked claw.

Letting me know that more

fidgety seconds are passing.

He stays within scythes reach.

City, lake or countryside retreat.

 

Death flits in the distance,

flirts with the air,

letting me know he is there.

Dead flowers no longer grow

nor follow the aching paths

where stagnant rivers

once flowed,

and tomorrow

becomes yesterday

once more.

He stays within scythes reach.

Not to torture or scare, but to teach.

To let me know not to sit and wait

in my own skeletal shadow for too long.

For if I do maybe it will all be too late

when I finally press play on the song.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *