Friday 19 January 2024

Scars of love

 


I've worn those

scars of love

so many times,

when all I wanted

was to share the stars above,

as we watched time slowly unwind.

I wanted us to look into each other’s

minds and find the pieces that fit.

The stars that aligned.

 

I've fell in love so often

with those that could

never love me back.

They say they do,

but only when said in defence.

A "but I love you" screamed

in angry attack is not the same

as the delicate shared

soft whispered words,

of a loving embrace.

And it's that kind

of "I love you"

I've always chased..

 

But I think, it's easier this way.

A heart merely bruised is much

quicker to heal than one shattered

into a million pieces,

laying under trampled feet.

A fractured splinter

of what could have been,

is much easier to take,

than a dagger piercing the real thing.

 

I've loved, I've lost,

I've hurt and felt the loss,

like a bereavement of the heart.

It sits, mourning, beats barely forming,

before welling up and blubbering,

 

and would I do it all again. 

 

In a heartbeat. If that heart

isn't ruined from the cracks

it has formed right through.

If love knocked on my door,

I'd welcome her with arms wide open.

I'd give everything.

I am but a hopeless romantic.

It is sometimes hopelessly tragic,

that I can't read the signs through the static.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *