Tuesday 23 January 2024

A vicious cycle

 


I go through days,

pedals biting my ankles,

on my bicycle of mistakes.

It's always

shredding my feet.

Grinding my gears.

The ring of its bell

screeches

through my ears.

 

The wheels turn,

though they are

twisted, misshapen,

the ride uneven.

Bumpy streets,

leave my

plump backside

beaten,

but I keep on,

keeping on.

Riding where

the wheels take me.

However long

the journey,

and however far

the distance may be.

 

I push through

crowded miles.

Clouded in thoughts,

I ride for hours.

I've found it,

listing to the left,

when my thinking is right,

but I feel I have nothing left

I find it veering to the right.

It has a mind of its own,

and it's wheels steer

wherever they like.

Listening to opinions

that would have been

better left unheard.

But that's the thing.

This vicious cycle,

devours thought,

and just regurgitates bile.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *