Saturday 6 January 2024

A wreck in a trilby hat

 



I am a wreck

in a trilby hat,

wearing

yesterday's

faded dreams,

carrying

a sackful

of regrets.

Basically,

I’m not all that,

but what I've got

is yours,

like a really

poor version

of Santa Claus.

 

I wear a book

to my chest,

instead of an S.

I'm not super.

I don’t wear a cape

I barely get out

without an uber,

so not often seen 

in the wild landscape,

but all I've got.

I'll give it you.

Because I want

to see the world happy,

and when you smile

it’s the world I see

shining through

 

I don't want things.

Stuff doesn't excite me,

money not on my list,

material doesn't give

that sense of bliss

which comes from love.

Not gifts or rewards

but a warming kiss

blown across

a frozen wilderness

aimed at my lips.

Thst would win 

almost all the awards.

 

I'm a relic. Buried,

but I'm no treasure

I'm just a bronze penny,

dug under the soil.

I'm nothing special,

but I am unique.

A one of a kind

if you wipe away

the surface grime.

That bronze penny

might even shine.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *