Sunday 14 January 2024

Moonlight dream

 


Stretched across

moonshine sheets,

she speaks, softly

in warming voice.

A northern tone greets

the southern cold.

It seems a tale told

in fiction of old.

A tale of love

that cannot be,

parted by the stretch of time

and the ancient weeping seas.

 

Stretched out

in this room, tinted with dreams

that bloom so delicately.

When the moon is full,

I see you

and you are whispering

sweetly to me,

but the sounds

are always drifting silently.

I want the southern downpour

to wash away

the northern uproar

that rocks me to the core.

I want that harsh weather

to batter my heart,

kick it back to life,

give it a new start.

 

In my moonlit cocoon,

I look through the open window

to see if you

are anywhere to be seen,

the scene that greets me

makes my smile beam.

A northern soul serenading

the serenity of a southern fool.

A moonlight dream swaying across

my tear clad eyes. Like the tree of life.

it's limbs reaching out a magic kiss,

to give its love. To share in its bliss.

 

In moonlight grasp

I gasp at the clasp

you hold around my heart.

The light you impart.

I want that northern sweetness

to fill me with goodness,

take the southern chill

from my skies and instil

some heat into my heart.

Set a fire for me

and we can lay together

beside the flames that rise.

Watch the embers embark,

dancing before our eyes.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *