Saturday 13 January 2024

A winter of frozen dreams

 


I'm watching

my happiness float away,

as a rain of melancholia

colours my vision grey.

I'm watching

as hope springs run dry,

like tears from lonely eyes.

I'm feeling the coldness

of a winter of frozen dreams,

I shout to the sky.

 

Can I have some light,

a smile, some warmth?

Would it be wrong to ask

the flowers to bloom for me?

Would it be selfish

to wish for a less stormy sea,

if only for a few days, a week

just to feel some peace.

 

I'm tasting nothing but sadness.

That empty feeling in my gut

only replaced by the acid burns,

as my stomach churns.

I'm pacing my mind,

as my legs have no motivation to walk.

I'm writing out lines,

as my mouth has lost its ability to talk.

I'm feeling lost in a void.

People tend to avoid

those that are feeling deeply devoid.

So, I sit here getting

more and more paranoid.

Have I upset or annoyed?

 

Is it too big an ask

to not have to feel constantly

under my own personal attack.

From my own feelings

turning themselves on me

when I'm feeling flat.

Is it too much to ask

to want a day where

these questions don't

need to be asked.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading

Please follow the link for my books, 
 
videos and social media.
 
 
Every click, every book purchase, 
 
every like helps me to keep doing what I love.
 
Peace, Love & Poetry 
 
Kyle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here i will reply to all

Name

Email *

Message *